Friday, July 16, 2010

Forward Thinking Friday: P Poppin' in the South

These three words... are brought to you by the letter "P".  

*Learn them 
*Use them in a sentence 
*Impress your friends

Then tell those jealous bastards you found them @NiqSpeaks!
...j/k. :-)  *No I'm not.


Pontificate (v.) - to speak in a pompous or dogmatic manner: Did he pontificate about the responsibilities of a good citizen?


Proclivities (n.) -natural or habitual inclination or tendency; propensity; predisposition: One of my friends has the proclivities of traveling three days a week for work and spending two hours a day in D.C. traffic.


Polemical (adj.) - Controversial; argumentative: This whole Mel Gibson racism scandal is indeed polemical, but nowhere near the Johannes Mehserle verdict.   



*If you're interested in more vocab words, especially if you're studying for your GRE, or MAT, I highly suggest you get The Princeton Review Essential GRE Vocabulary Flashcards




Sorry, I have absolutely nothing to write about today!  I racked my brain last night around 11 PM, and again when I randomly work up at 1:30AM.  My sleep patterns are wacky right now.  I definitely need to look into getting a real job, so I can start sleeping like a regular person again.  Oh well, I'm definitely applying everywhere that looks legit, but it's really hard to find a job right now.  For now, I'm looking forward to a few upcoming events.

8.1.2010 is the official launch date for www.NiqSpeaks.com! I'm uber-excited about that.

8.23.2010 is my first day of grad school classes!  *Sidenote* If you'd like to help me pay for my books this semester, that would be awesome.  I'll send you a link... hmm (idea for next blog post).

9.16.2010 is only ... 60 days away... give or take?  Either way, it's my 25th birthday!  It's really coming quickly.  I'm not so sure what I'll be doing, or who I'll be spending the day with, so if you have anything awesome you wanna do for my birthday, feel free to do so! :-)

Well, that's all I have for now.  Everyone enjoy your weekend, if you can. See you on Monday with the new music blog.


~Niq' :-)



*Have you checked out the Wibiya toolbar at the bottom of the blog?  It's pretty neat.  You can like the blog, see everything from Niq' Vids to Twitter activity, access the Facebook Fan Page, and share single blog entries or the entire site with your friends on Twitter, Facebook, or other social networking devices.  If you are a blogger, I highly recommend it!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, Imma tell them bastards "P" stands for "PUNK" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Job market is gone. forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "P" for Post-secondary vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and I believe you about the job market. I'm just gonna have to start my own business. I need to start soliciting advertisers.

    ReplyDelete