Monday, June 28, 2010

Music Monday: Special Edition- Redemption Song: BET Awards 2010





Good morning all!  Hopefully you were able to watch the BET awards show last night!  I was there, via my living room, with my Facebook & Twitter awards show crew, ready to go in on the surprisingly non-ridiculous amounts of BET's EBTisms!  Crazy thing about it, the awards might have been the most boring part of the show this year.  Truth be told, BET awards aren't that big of a deal.  I'm sure Alicia Keys will use hers as a paperweight for her blueprints of the baby room.  Since I'm not really a celebrity blogger, I won't go into detail about the events of the show. It will be airing twice a day for the next two weeks on BET.  You can also watch highlighted performances here @BET.  If you got a chance to watch it last night, you'd probably be able to guess my favorite moment of the night.  CHRIS BROWN!!! I feel like he's had one of the roughest years in the industry.  From beating up his girlfriend, to that terrible bow-tie, making rap records w/ members of Young Money, and having to watch SO many untalented artists get shine b/c of that ridiculously lame album he dropped last year.


To me, this Michael Jackson tribute was more than him performing in memory of one of his biggest influences.  I really believe this was Chris Brown's redemption song.  I wasn't even sure if it was going to be him when the tribute began.  His silhouette seemed smaller, but I knew it was all just a part of the suspense!  His moves were stellar.  You could tell he was really in the moment the entire time.  The Smooth Criminal routine night light routine was very cute, and I was pleased to see they had made creative provision in the event that a dancer botched a move... AGAIN! Lol.  Alas, the most touching moment was when he started to sing Man in The Mirror, and it just wouldn't happen.  I think it just got to be too much for him.  That song meant so much for every MJ fan, and with the last year that he's had, I know it must have meant a lot for him too.  Tears literally poured out of that man's eye.  It was so heart-felt.  And somewhere in a back room, Usher was probably crying too.  Just when things were starting to look good for the old guy, here comes that better dancing, cuter to a wider fan base Mr. Breezy to steal his shine... AGAIN!

I know he did something wrong with his domestic violence issue, but I was wondering if it was okay to forgive?  I mean, ya'll forgave R. Kelly when he peed on a fourteen year old girl, had sex with her, recorded it on a tape, and then let the entire world see it... (-_-)  In my opinion, Chris Brown's MJ Tribute >>>Redemption song than R.Kelly's Sorry I had sex with that little girl, Happy People/You Saved Me album.  Now I just need him to come out with an amazing album somewhere near Christmas time so we can all have that warm feeling about baby Jesus in our hearts to help us make that iTunes 11.99 deluxe album purchase!  Well, that's my Music Monday selection for this week.  Fantastic job Breezy!  I don't know about the rest of the world, but this Virginia girl is ready to crawl back to love!  I might even play Graffiti today...  Maybe.

~Niq'



***Hey***

That little Janelle Monae is some kind o' crazy!  I loved her.  I'm really behind on her  music, but I'll be checking it out this week.  I also copped the new Roots album, "How I Got Over", LEGALLY, lol, with an iTunes gift card so I'm definitely going to be posting some extra music reviews this week... Anybody up for Tune Tuesday?  :-) 


1 comment:

  1. haha.

    I know some people who were NOT happy Chris Brown was chosen to do the tribute...but whatever... All I know is, you cannot sing Man in the Mirror and not feel some type of way about your life and the way you're living it. Can't be done.

    Oh. And you'll LOVE Janelle Monae. She's brilliant. Prince was pleased, I could tell. But not as pleased as he was watching preggers Alicia. heehee

    ReplyDelete