Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm Having a Private Party

 
It's 1:37... a.m.... and as I work on resumes, update contact information for the few networking opportunities I've had, and jam out to this old India.Arie album, I can't help but to relate to this song!

"I AM having a private party!"  I've climbed several ladders at this point in my life, and with my 25th birthday coming up in September, I'm beginning to reach some of my first big milestones.  I've faced rejections (my VCU letter & countless job offers) and also been brought to tears by some of my accomplishments (graduating from college & getting accepted into graduate school).

"I'm learning how to celebrate the woman I've become."  I know that I put a lot of pressure on myself to one day provide for my family in the same way that they've provided for me in the past.  I have people that I want to bring up with me when I get "there."  There's things I want to achieve, parties at which I haven't danced, and boys I still haven't kissed.  With all of this in mind, I still have to stop and be thankful for what I have right now, and not grow weary in my well doing.  It's a process.  It seems slow, slower than I could have ever imagined, but I've been blessed with an insatiable desire to learn, and grow, and become better with each day that I've been given to live here on this earth.  And my complexion looks good in just about any color.  :-)

But seriously, it's a time of transition.  I'm learning that.  The footing is not sure, and the way seems unclear, but I know that if I keep taking steps in the right direction, and never let naysayers deter me from my destiny,  I'll get there.  I've just got to make it.  

~Niq

No comments:

Post a Comment