Monday, April 5, 2010

Age Ain't Nothin But A Number


A question (see here) posted by Twitter's  @smashedthehomie on Facebook this morning got me to thinking... yes, "got me to thinking!" Lol.  It's not the first time I've thought of it, but it’s just something that I've been aware of for quite some time now.
When it comes to dating or marriage for that matter, I've always felt like I'm going to marry someone younger than me.  I'm gonna marry younger.  Lol. And here are just a couple of reasons why. 

First, I don't want to marry anyone with children.  I've always felt like when it came time for me to reach certain milestones in my life, I wanted to do that with my partner as a shared experience.  If and when I do make a final decision on having children, I want my first child to be your first child, not your third or fourth!  Now, of course, if you've adopted your cracked out sister's children, or taken on the responsibility of raising a younger sibling, that's a different story.  It’s commendable and it will probably gain you more points with me.  I just can't dig the step-mom thing.  As far as already owning your own home or large home appliance, lol, that's fine.  It shows ambition and motivation, but keep in mind that a mortgage holds a different weighting than a child support payment.  Now, with all this in mind, and with the clock ticking, more and more men are fathering children every year... with people THEY HAVE NO PLANS ON BEING WITH LONG TERM!!! No bueno fellas.  Not at all.  With my age increasing, and the pool of possibilities decreasing, I just can't see myself marrying someone my age or older.

Second and strangely, I find older guys oddly unattractive.  I can never see them as anything other than sweet, or nice.  Dad-like.  I can't even see myself dating someone who’s already out of their 20s.  I guess it’s because I've always felt young, not immature, or naïve, simply young.  The thought of dating someone who wouldn’t be up for an adventure or a sporadic road trip or midnight run to Wal-Mart, well, that just doesn’t set well with me.  Now, I know that there’s plenty of guys out there who are in their 30s and 40s who lead full active lives, oh gosh but they’re graying!  iCANT! 

Now I know that as soon as you put into words or express those things to which you absolutely do not find yourself attracted, THAT’S what God usually sends your way.  Why?  I guess it’s just a crazy game.  Who knows for sure?  Well, that’s all that I have to say about this for now.  I’m sure with time, I’ll be back to discuss this from an older and hopefully wiser perspective. 

If you need me, I’ll be sitting outside a retirement home waiting for the love of my life to roll out in a hover-round sitting on dubs.
Don’t forget young lovers… it ain’t over till NIQSPEAKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment