Monday, March 22, 2010

Health Care Reform

I watched last night on CNN as President Obama strutted out with his smooth light-skinned swagga to announce the hard fought win on national health care reform.  I smiled, one because his haircut was sharp, but also because I am one of those people who are going to benefit from this.  Unemployed, recent college graduate amidst a job recession, economic recession, Jesus recession, and a slew of other recessions I'm failing to mention.

Then I thought about my alma mater.  It really sucks.  Not the school, but the mindset.  The homie Big J, aka Jerry Falwell Sr. used to say that if it were Christian, it ought to be better.  But it seems that since his passing, things at Liberty have become more one-sided than they were in former years.

Focusing more broadly on politics as a nation, since President Obama's win back in Nov. 08, things have gotten so nasty.  This morning on The View, some of the things that were yelled by politicians had to be censored because of their inappropriate nature.  Seriously?  I know I'm no expert on politics.  My subscription to Time weekly is helping, but there's such a behemoth of information to absorb and its constantly changing.  What I do know, however, is that the longer politicians and extremist republicans continue to fight President Obama, the longer it will take before we start to see the Change that was promised.  I believe it's already here.  The opposition is just adding more locks to the doors we're trying to kick down!

Man, I dunno.  All of this political drama is killing me on the inside... it's a good thing I've got some health care now to see someone!

~NiqSpeaks

1 comment: