Sunday, December 7, 2008

Four Feet


Come take a walk in my shoes... Let me show you something new. Four feet, two lives, one heartbeat...beat...beat...beating out the rhythms. Can I put into words why I love you? Air? Breath? Substance? Can I put into action why I adore you? Flesh, Soul, Death, Life, a husband made for a mate. A wife, a help, a meet, a greet. First two, but now four feet. Two lives. one heartbeat... beat... beat... And look, a road for traveling. A path to take, or break free from, come away with me. in the night? in the day? leave your cares behind and just for now, i mean, just for this one moment in inhale, exhale, meet me with hugs, greet me with kisses, abandon your fears for our love is more than just a street, a trail, a path, a journey, our love is more than a journey. It is jihad, and genocide, and death to all that collides, our love is more than a flight from you, a car trip to me, a weekend at home, a year at sea...it's one foot taller than the highest tree and two taps faster than the hottest beat, and it's more than even four feet, two lives, one heart...beat.

2 comments:

  1. I am officially "wowed". You truly have a gift Niq!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you S,S,S! I appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete